DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhambri crashes out as Indian challenge ends at Nanjing event
Yuki Bhambri lost 2-6, 3-6 to his second seed opponent Jimmy Wang from Taipei in the quarter-final.
Nanjing: None of the Indian players could take advantage as Yuki Bhambri, who was the lone survivor till Thursday, also crashed out of the Asia Pacific Australian Open wild card play off tournament, here on Friday.
Unseeded Yuki lost 2-6, 3-6 to his second seed opponent Jimmy Wang from Taipei in the quarter-final contest, which lasted one hour and 10 minutes. Yuki had beaten lucky loser Yuqing Ning in a tough first round match, yesterday.
Vishnu Vardhan had also moved to the last-eight stage yesterday but he pulled out of the event after defeat in the men's doubles quarterfinals. Ankita Raina and national champion Prerna Bhambri had also lost their first round matches on Thursday.
All the doubles teams had exited on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet