Bhanwari murder: CBI interrogates Kusum Bishnoi
Meanwhile, the CBI custody of accused Pukh Raj, Dinesh Bishnoi and Reshma Ram Bishnoi was extended on Monday.
Jodhpur: Ahead of filing its final chargesheet in the Bhanwari Devi murder case, the CBI on Monday interrogated Kusum Bishnoi, considered to be close to accused Congress MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi. Kusum, pradhan of Bilara constituency to which Bhanwari belonged and a relative of Malkhan, was taken to the agency's office here late this evening.
CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said there was no fresh arrest in the case and efforts were being made towards nabbing Malkhan's sister Indra Bishnoi, who is still absconding.
The working president of Rajasthan Kesri, a Hindi daily, Swadesh Bhushan and its Rajasthan bureau head Satya Pareek were also summoned in relation to news stories carried by the paper on July 24 and 25 last year, she said.
The CBI had interrogated representatives of ETV earlier, she said.
Meanwhile, the CBI custody of accused Pukh Raj, Dinesh Bishnoi and Reshma Ram Bishnoi was today extended by a court after the expiry of their remand.
Both Pukh Raj and Dinesh had been taken to the Jodhpur Central Jail on Sunday and on January 28 to cross-check their statements with that of Sohan Lal, Sahi Ram, Shahabuddin and Amarchand, who are currently lodged in jail there in connection with the abduction and murder of the nurse.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- BSF Officer Injured in Pakistan Shelling, Succumbs
- Tata Stocks Plunge on Concerns Over Cyrus Mistry Letter
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Arrested by Delhi Police For Possessing Defence Related Documents
- Asian Development Bank Declines to Fund Pakistan Dam Project