DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhanwari case: Shahabuddin to be tried in court
Shahabuddin's period of CBI custody ends on Saturday.
New Delhi: The man accused of kidnapping Dalit nurse Bhanwari Devi will be produced in a Jodhpur court on Saturday. Shahabuddin's period of CBI custody ends on Saturday.
Shahabuddin will be tried in the Johpur High Court. Shahbuddin is a history-sheeter and considered to be close to former Rajasthan water resource minister Mahipal Maderna, who was sacked from the Rajasthan Cabinet by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot following allegations that he behind the mysterious disappearance of Bhanwari Devi.
Shahbuddin, carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, surrendered before Metropolitan Magistrate (Economic Offences) Alka Gupta who is dealing with the CBI cases in the absence of the CBI Magistrate.
The 36-year-old nurse has been missing since September 1 and her family suspects that she has been murdered. The CBI had on October 11 taken over investigation into disappearance of Bhanwari Devi and registered a case in this regard.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi