DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bharat bandh: Strike hits normal life in Bihar
In Patna, the private and govt schools have been closed for two days by the authorities as precautionary measure.
Patna: Normal life was paralysed in Bihar on Tuesday, the first day of the two-day strike called by the central trade unions, official sources said. The market and business establishments remained shut at many places in Bihar even as the bandh supporters were seen forcing the traders to down shutters of their shops, they said.
The train and road traffic was also hit badly in several parts of the state as the bandh supporters waving red flags staged demonstration before the railway tracks, they said.
The banking and related financial services were also hit badly as their employees joined the two-day stir against the central government's economic policies, the sources said.
In Patna, the private and government schools have been closed for two days by the authorities as precautionary measure, they said.
A large number of bandh supporters took the streets in places like Patna, Bhagalpur, Purnia, Nalanda, Jehanabad, Madhubani and elsewhere in the state and raised slogans against the Central government, the sources said.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong