Bhaskar Pramanik named Microsoft India chairman
Pramanik will oversee sales, marketing and services operations of Microsoft India.
Bangalore: The world's top software firm Microsoft has named former managing director of Oracle's India operations, Bhaskar Pramanik, chairman of its India unit.
Microsoft said Pramanik will oversee sales, marketing and services operations of Microsoft India, which employs more than 5,300 staff across two development centers and 13 marketing offices.
Outside of the United States, Microsoft's largest employee base is in India.
Pramanik's appointment is the latest in a line of top-level changes at the Indian operations of global technology firms.
Pramanik, who announced his resignation from Oracle in March, replaces Ravi Venkatesan, who quit Microsoft India in February.
Venkatesan was the second top-rung official to quit Microsoft India in six months after former managing director Rajan Anandan, who was named head of Google's operations in January.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology