Bhatt to shoot 'Blood Money' in Belgian city
It is the first time that an Indian movie will be shot in Antwerp.
Brussels: Bollywood filmmaker Mukesh Bhatt will shoot his next venture "Blood Money" in the Belgian port city of Antwerp, where a large Indian community is employed in the diamond industry.
It is the first time that an Indian movie will be shot in Antwerp, the centre of world diamond trade, the EuAsiaNews reported quoting the public broadcaster VRT on Sunday.
The filming will get under way on August 22md and is being given financial support from the Flemish Tourist Board.
"Blood Money" is the story of an Indian couple that moves to Antwerp for the husband's job. Once in Antwerp, things do not run smoothly for the couple and cracks soon begin to show in their relationship.
The Flemish Tourist Board invited Mukesh Bhatt to Antwerp to look for suitable locations to shoot the film.
The board's Lea Winkler told the VRT that "we have been in negotiations with the makers of the film since 2008 and have invested 143,000 Euros in the project."
Last year the number of Indian tourists visiting Flanders region located in northern Belgium rose by 16 percent. It is hoped that the film will encourage even more Indian tourists to visit the region, noted VRT.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology