Thane garment factory building collapse: 2 dead, 26 injured
Close to 15 people have been rescued so far and seven people still trapped in the debris.
Thane: The death toll in the garment factory building collapse in Thane has gone up to two while 26 people have been injured. The 2-storeyed building in Bhiwandi collapsed late on Wednesday night.
Close to 15 people have been rescued so far and seven people still trapped in the debris. Locals say the building housed a garment factory.
Officials say that prima facie it appears that the building may have collapsed due to construction on the first floor. This is the second building collapse in Bhiwandi and the third across Thane in less than three weeks.
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution