Bhojpuri actor Ravi Kishan to contest elections
Bhojpuri actor Ravi Kishan is set to enter the field of politics and reveals that he will be fighting elections.
Mumbai: Bhojpuri actor Ravi Kishan is set to enter the field of politics and reveals that he will be fighting elections.
"I am fighting elections this time and will fight for the post of member of parliament," the 41-year-old said here Thursday at the premiere of his film 'Zila Ghaziabad'.
Directed by Anand Kumar, 'Zila Ghaziabad' also features Sanjay Dutt, Vivek Oberoi, Arshad Warsi, Paresh Rawal, Minissha Lamba and hit theatres Friday.
Ravi, who refused to reveal which party he would be part of, asserts that if he wins, women's safety will be top priority for him.
"If I am fighting in the elections, then I have my own reasons, a lot of anger. I have a wife and daughters, so I will work for women's safety. In fact, I am fighting these elections with a lot of anger," Ravi said.
The Bhojpuri superstar, who has made a mark in Bollywood as well, will soon be seen in 'Ghayal Returns', 'Bullet Raja', 'Tanu Weds Manu 2' and 'Mere Dad Ki Maruti'.
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya