'Bhoot Returns' promo gets A rating, unfit for TV
It features a little girl playing with a partly visible spirit and the scene is being captured on a webcam.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma, who is gearing up for the release of his first 3D horror film 'Bhoot Returns', has received an 'A' certificate for its trailer from the Censor Board.
'Bhoot Returns' is a sequel to the super hit horror flick 'Bhoot', which had actors Urmila Matondkar and Ajay Devgn in lead roles. The second installment marks the comeback of actress Manisha Koirala in Bollywood.
The trailer released in theaters with Emraan Hashmi's recent film 'Raaz 3'. It features a little girl playing with a partly visible spirit in the living room in the wee hours and the scene is being captured on a webcam.
Also, Varma has made use of optical illusion to lend a frightening effect to the little girl's image on the movie poster. "Since we have got an A certificate on our trailer, we are going to come up with an appropriate version for the TV. However, one shouldn't forget that a horror genre movie gets an A certificate for its very theme and not necessarily for its gore factor," Varma said in a statement.
'Bhoot Returns' will also see Telugu actor J D Chakravarthy who is best remembered for his Hindi film 'Satya' in the lead. The film releases on October 12.
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna