Bhopal: Five held for suspected SIMI links
Five people caught in Bhopal with cache of crude bombs and firearms. Police probe terror links with SIMI.
Bhopal: Five persons, suspected to have SIMI links, were arrested by Madhya Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) from Seoni district with a cache of crude bombs and firearms.
Giving this information, police officials said on Saturday that links of the arrested youths with leaders of the banned Student Islamic Movement of India were being probed.
Those arrested were Azharuddin, Naeem, Kaleem, Afroz and Kaleemuddin, all aged between 20 and 25. A total of 126 crude bombs, two country-made revolvers, 10 rounds of cartridges and one sword were seized from their possession along with some literature, police said.
The youths were held on the basis of intelligence inputs that they were manufacturing and testing bombs at a barren field in Seoni.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting