Two HuJI terrorists arrested in Bhopal
The duo, wanted in Kashmir, was arrested by a team of Bhopal police on Friday.
Bhopal: Two alleged Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI) terrorists have been arrested in Bhopal. The duo was arrested by a team of Bhopal police on Friday night in the city's Talaiya locality.
The two terrorists have been identified as Shoukat Ahmed Hakim and Mehrajuddin. Police claim that both the terrorist are wanted in Kashmir.
""Yesterday night MP Police arrested two suspected people. One is Shaukat Ahmed Hakim. He is a resident of Bandipora in Jammu and Kashmir and second is Mehrajuddin, resident of Bandipora in Jammu in Kashmir. Both of them are involved in terror activities and wanted in Bandipora. We are in touch with J&K Police. A team from J&K is coming to Bhopal," said Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police SK Rout.
Both the arrested terrorists are residents of Bandipora.
Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda Friday claimed that in 2010 the state had witnessed least terror-related incidents in the last 20 years, bringing down the number of civilian causalities.
"The militancy parameters -- like number of incidents, civilians killed due to militancy, security force/police personnel who laid down their lives and militants killed overall -- is lowest this year since the inception of militancy in 1990," the DGP said in his new year message to the the state police personnel.
- Jimmy Neesham to Miss Kolkata Test, Jeetan Patel's Arrival Delayed
- Gautam Gambhir 'Nervous as a Novice' After Shock Test Recall
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Strike rate is for bowlers, not batsmen: Anil Kumble
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test