Two HuJI terrorists arrested in Bhopal
The duo, wanted in Kashmir, was arrested by a team of Bhopal police on Friday.
Bhopal: Two alleged Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI) terrorists have been arrested in Bhopal. The duo was arrested by a team of Bhopal police on Friday night in the city's Talaiya locality.
The two terrorists have been identified as Shoukat Ahmed Hakim and Mehrajuddin. Police claim that both the terrorist are wanted in Kashmir.
""Yesterday night MP Police arrested two suspected people. One is Shaukat Ahmed Hakim. He is a resident of Bandipora in Jammu and Kashmir and second is Mehrajuddin, resident of Bandipora in Jammu in Kashmir. Both of them are involved in terror activities and wanted in Bandipora. We are in touch with J&K Police. A team from J&K is coming to Bhopal," said Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police SK Rout.
Both the arrested terrorists are residents of Bandipora.
Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda Friday claimed that in 2010 the state had witnessed least terror-related incidents in the last 20 years, bringing down the number of civilian causalities.
"The militancy parameters -- like number of incidents, civilians killed due to militancy, security force/police personnel who laid down their lives and militants killed overall -- is lowest this year since the inception of militancy in 1990," the DGP said in his new year message to the the state police personnel.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP