Bhopal: Man gets death penalty for raping, killing minor
In a fast-track trial, the court sentenced the accused in just nine working days.
Bhopal: In a fast-track trial, a person was on Thursday sentenced to death by a local court for raping and killing an eight-year-old girl in February near state's Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta's residence in Bhopal. The sentence was awarded by District and Session Judge Sushma Khosla in just nine working days to Nandkumar Tamoli for raping and killing the minor girl on February 2.
The accused cajoled the victim to a secluded place in his auto-rickshaw when she along with her brother went to the Bhopal Utsav Mela. Her brother told his parents that Nand Kumar took her alone in an autorickshaw and when she failed to return home till late in the night, her parents reported the matter to the police. Later, police found her body near the mela ground which is close to Gupta's residence.
Police arrested Tamoli on February 5, and submitted the case for trial after collecting credible evidences against him on the basis of her brother's statements and a police informer. The sentence was awarded under sections 363, 366, 376 (2)H, 201, 302 and section five of the Prevention of Sexual Offences against Children Act 2012.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Cauvery Row: Ex-PM Deve Gowda Sits on Dharna Against 'Injustice'
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute