DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhopal: Minister conducts minor's wedding
The wedding of the girl was conducted at the behest of Chitnis under the 'Kanyadan Scheme'.
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh assembly, Ajay Singh, on Friday demanded that School Education Minister Archana Chitnis be removed from the state Cabinet for organising the marriage of a minor girl. Chitnis organised the marriage under the 'Kanyadan Scheme' on Friday.
In a statement, the Congress leader said the state government would lose moral right to appeal to the people to stop child marriages if a minor girl is married off at the instance of a minister. Chitnis was not available for comment.
The marriage of the girl was conducted at the behest of Chitnis at Burhanpur in her native Khandwa district, it said. Singh also demanded a criminal case be filed against her.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi