Bhubaneswar: 19-year-old allegedly gangraped, dumped
The incident took place when the girl was returning home in the Odisha capital after a dance session at a hotel.
Bhubaneswar: A 19-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by five persons at a secluded house in the Odisha capital, police said on Friday. The incident took place on Wednesday night when the girl was returning home in the city after a dance session at a hotel. A part-time dancer, the girl earns her livelihood by singing and dancing in parties, they said.
According to an FIR lodged by the girl at the Mahila Police Station, a 50-year-old man identified as Jatadhari Sahu invited her to discuss about a dance programme. She was taken to a house where four others were waiting.
"The girl was allegedly gangraped by the five and dumped at a place near Kalinga Stadium," Inspector-in-Charge of Mahila Police Station Amita Tripathy told reporters quoting the FIR copy.
Stating that medical examination of the girl was conducted, Tripathy said police on Friday arrested four accused - Jatadhari Sahu, Biranchi Narayan Das Mohapatra (39), Subrat Das (28) and Sangram Keshari Pradhan (28) - while the fifth accused was absconding. Sahu runs a private security agency, while the others are engaged in petty trade. They were produced before a court in Bhubaneswar and remanded to judicial custody.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines