Bhubaneswar Fire tragedy: Hospital Calls it 'Accident'; Suspends 3
Fire rages at the hospital in Bhubaneswar on Monday. (TV GRAB)
Bhubaneswar: A day after a major fire that consumed 20 lives in SUM Hospital, the authorities have suspended three electricians. The fire which broke out in the intensive care unit (ICU) of dialysis ward was, according to sources, due to short circuit.
Sources have also told CNN-News18 that the hospital owner Manoj Nayak could be arrested soon.
The Chief Minister of Odisha has ordered a probe into the incident.
The hospital termed the incident as an 'áccident'.
"We are confident that such an incident will not take place again,unless it is an accident. The hospital is in the process of announcing compensation for the families of the victims and expenses of the critically injured shifted to various hospitals will be borne by SUM hospital," said SUM hospital spokesperson, Dr.JR Das said
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday condoled the deaths at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar after a fire broke out in the ICU of its dialysis wing on Monday.
Terming the tragedy as "most unfortunate", Gandhi in a statement said: "Her thoughts and prayers remain with families of those bereaved".
She instructed the Pradesh Congress Committee and party workers to reach out to the victims and their families.
Over 50 patients were rescued from the dialysis ward and the adjoining Intensive Care Unit, the officials said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category