Bhubaneswar Fire tragedy: Hospital Calls it 'Accident'; Suspends 3
Fire rages at the hospital in Bhubaneswar on Monday. (TV GRAB)
Bhubaneswar: A day after a major fire that consumed 20 lives in SUM Hospital, the authorities have suspended three electricians. The fire which broke out in the intensive care unit (ICU) of dialysis ward was, according to sources, due to short circuit.
Sources have also told CNN-News18 that the hospital owner Manoj Nayak could be arrested soon.
The Chief Minister of Odisha has ordered a probe into the incident.
The hospital termed the incident as an 'áccident'.
"We are confident that such an incident will not take place again,unless it is an accident. The hospital is in the process of announcing compensation for the families of the victims and expenses of the critically injured shifted to various hospitals will be borne by SUM hospital," said SUM hospital spokesperson, Dr.JR Das said
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday condoled the deaths at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar after a fire broke out in the ICU of its dialysis wing on Monday.
Terming the tragedy as "most unfortunate", Gandhi in a statement said: "Her thoughts and prayers remain with families of those bereaved".
She instructed the Pradesh Congress Committee and party workers to reach out to the victims and their families.
Over 50 patients were rescued from the dialysis ward and the adjoining Intensive Care Unit, the officials said.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- Starry nightVirat-Anushka to Saif-Kareena: The Star Studded Birthday Bash of Manish Malhotra