Bhupathi-Bopanna in Cincinnati quarters
Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna moved into the men's doubles quarter-final after receiving a walkover.
Cincinnati: Sixth seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna moved into the men's doubles quarter-final here at the Cincinnati Masters tennis after receiving a walkover.
Dutch Robin Haase and Juan Monaco of Argentina did not take the court giving the win to the Indian pair on Thursday.
They will next take on Poland's Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who are seeded third, for a place in the last four. The Polish pair also got a walkover in the second round when compatriot Lukasz Kubot and Serbian Janko Tipsarevic did not take court.
Earlier, fifth seeds Leander Paes and Czech partner Radek Stepanek lost their pre-quarterfinal match to the Croatian-Brazilian pairing of Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo 3-6, 6-4, 5-10.
Bhupathi and Paes were the defending champions. However, they decided not to play with each other.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter