DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhupathi-Bopanna in final of Dubai Open
The fourth-seeded Indian pair edged past the Austrian pair of Julian Knowle and Alexanderin Peya.
Dubai: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, who need to improve their rankings to earn a direct entry into the London Olympics, stormed into the summit clash of the ATP Dubai Open with a straight sets win on Friday.
The fourth-seeded Indian pair of Bhupathi and Bopanna edged past the giant-killing Austrian pair of Julian Knowle and Alexanderin Peya 7-6 (2) 7-6 (7) in the semi-finals of the USD 1,700,475 hard court event.
Knowle and Peya had shocked the top-seeded pair of Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic in the quarter-finals.
Either Bopanna, ranked 11th, or Bhupathi (15) need to be in the top 10 in the ATP doubles rankings to have a direct entry in the Olympics competition.
A top-10 player has the liberty to choose his partner, irrespective of his ranking.
The unseeded pair of Leander Paes and Tipsarevic has already exited from the tournament after a 4-6 5-7 defeat in the first round against second seeds Robert Lindstedt and Horia Teacu.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- Rafael Nadal Says He Almost 'Destroyed' His Wrist at French Open
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere