Bhupathi-Bopanna lose final of Rome Masters to Bryans
The sixth seeded Indian combination lost 2-6 3-6 in the summit clash.
Rome: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna ended runners-up at the Rome Masters after a tame straight sets defeat at the hands of top seeded American team of Mike and Bob Bryan here on Sunday.
The sixth seeded Indian combination lost 2-6 3-6 in the summit clash of the euro 3,204,745 clay court event. Such was the domination of the veteran American pair that Indians could not earn even a single break chance.
The Indians lost their serve twice in the opening set and once in the second. Bhupathi and Bopanna were playing their second final of the season and first together.
Bhupathi had won the Dubai event with Michael Llodra while Bopanna had triumphed at Marseille, France with Colin Fleming. With their runners-up finish, Bhupathi and Bopanna split 76,060 euros as prize money and earned 600 ranking points each.
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani