DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhupathi-Bopanna lose final of Rome Masters to Bryans
The sixth seeded Indian combination lost 2-6 3-6 in the summit clash.
Rome: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna ended runners-up at the Rome Masters after a tame straight sets defeat at the hands of top seeded American team of Mike and Bob Bryan here on Sunday.
The sixth seeded Indian combination lost 2-6 3-6 in the summit clash of the euro 3,204,745 clay court event. Such was the domination of the veteran American pair that Indians could not earn even a single break chance.
The Indians lost their serve twice in the opening set and once in the second. Bhupathi and Bopanna were playing their second final of the season and first together.
Bhupathi had won the Dubai event with Michael Llodra while Bopanna had triumphed at Marseille, France with Colin Fleming. With their runners-up finish, Bhupathi and Bopanna split 76,060 euros as prize money and earned 600 ranking points each.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs