Bhupathi-Bopanna lose first match in World Tour Finals
The Indians, making their debut as a pair in the elite season-ending event, lost their Group B match 6-4 7-6 (1) 10-12.
London: The Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna squandered two match points before losing its first match of the ATP World Tour Finals against Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen on Tuesday.
The Indians, making their debut as a pair in the elite season-ending event, lost their Group B match 6-4 7-6 (1) 10-12 against the British-Denmark combination in one hour and 36 minutes. Bhupathi and Bopanna are coming into the top-8 teams event after winning the Paris Masters last week.
The fifth seed Indian pair will now have to win the last two Group B matches to keep themselves in the semi-finals hunt. Bhupathi and Bopanna came back well after losing the first set and even had two match points in the Super Tie breaker but could not cash in on.
Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek, seeded third in Group A, will open their campaign against Paris Masters finalists and seventh seeds Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi of Pakistan and Dutch Jean-Julien Rojer.
Recommended For You
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology