Bhupathi-Bopanna make semis of World Tour Finale
The fifth seeded Indian pair fought tooth and nail for a 7-6 (5) 6-7(5) 10-5 win against the second seeded Belarussian-Canadian pair.
London: India's Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna knocked out defending champions Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor to qualify for the semi-finals of the ATP World Tour Finale, here on Friday.
The fifth seeded Indian pair fought tooth and nail for a 7-6 (5) 6-7(5) 10-5 win against the second seeded Belarussian-Canadian pair in their final Group B match that lasted almost two hours.
Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek have already secured a place in the last-four stage and they play their last Group A match against top seeded American pair of Bob and Mike Bryan on Saturday.
The Indians saved five breakpoints to win the first set in a tie-break but Mirnyi and Nestor pushed the match to a Match tie-breaker by winning the second set, which was fought fiercely for 56 minutes.
Bhupathi and Bopanna zoomed to a 9-4 lead and converted their second match point to secure a semi-final berth. With today's win, Bhupathi and Bopanna now lead the head to-head record against Nestor and Mirnyi 3-2.
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB