Bhupathi-Bopanna move into Shanghai semi-finals
While Paes and Stepanek got the better of unseeded combo of Canadian Milos Raonic and Austrian Jurgen Melzer.
Shanghai: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna may meet Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek in the summit clash of the Shanghai Masters, after reaching the semi-finals of the elite ATP tournament, here on Friday.
Bhupathi and Bopanna, seeded seventh, shocked second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor 7-6(7), 6-4 in one hour 23 minutes in the quarter-finals of the $3,531,600 hard court event.
Later in the day, fourth seeded Paes and Stepanek got the better of unseeded combo of Canadian Milos Raonic and Austrian Jurgen Melzer 7-5, 6-7 (4) 10-5 in one hour and 36 minutes contest.
Bhupathi and Bopanna next face unseeded British pair of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins. Saving five breakpoints, including four in the opening set, proved vital in Bhupathi and Bopanna's win.
Paes and Stepanek will take on the winner of the other quarter-final between the pairs of Eric Butorac/ Philipp Petzschner and Marin Cilic/Marcelo Melo.
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together, Says PM Modi
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims