DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhupathi-Bopanna move into Shanghai semi-finals
While Paes and Stepanek got the better of unseeded combo of Canadian Milos Raonic and Austrian Jurgen Melzer.
Shanghai: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna may meet Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek in the summit clash of the Shanghai Masters, after reaching the semi-finals of the elite ATP tournament, here on Friday.
Bhupathi and Bopanna, seeded seventh, shocked second seeds Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor 7-6(7), 6-4 in one hour 23 minutes in the quarter-finals of the $3,531,600 hard court event.
Later in the day, fourth seeded Paes and Stepanek got the better of unseeded combo of Canadian Milos Raonic and Austrian Jurgen Melzer 7-5, 6-7 (4) 10-5 in one hour and 36 minutes contest.
Bhupathi and Bopanna next face unseeded British pair of Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins. Saving five breakpoints, including four in the opening set, proved vital in Bhupathi and Bopanna's win.
Paes and Stepanek will take on the winner of the other quarter-final between the pairs of Eric Butorac/ Philipp Petzschner and Marin Cilic/Marcelo Melo.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users