Bhupathi-Bopanna reach Dubai Open quarters
Bhupathi and Bopanna beat Lukas Dlouhy and Alexandr Dolgopolov to enter the last-eight stage.
Dubai: India's Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna beat Lukas Dlouhy and Alexandr Dolgopolov to enter the men's doubles quarter-finals of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships here.
Bhupathi-Bopanna, seeded fourth, defeated the Czech-Russian pair 6-4, 7-5 in the opening round on Wednesday. The Indians converted four of their 14 break points and wrapped up the match in 70 minutes.
They next face Australian-English combine of Paul Hanley and Jamie Murray in a late-night match on Thursday.
Earlier on Wednesday, another Indian Leander Paes alongside Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic lost 4-6, 5-7 to second seeds Robert Lindstedt of Sweden and Horia Tecau of Romania.
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together Says PM Modi
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi
- Hillary Vs Trump: US Dollar Declines Before Presidential Debate
- US Elections 2016: Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Lock Horns in First Presidential Debate Live
- US Presidential Candidates Neck and Neck as They Go Toe-To-Toe
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan