Bhupathi-Bopanna win 2nd match at World Tour Finals
The Indian pair won their first Group B match with a 6-3 5-7 10-5 win over Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau.
London: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna on Wednesday won their first Group B match with a 6-3 5-7 10-5 win over Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau to keep their semifinal at the ATP World Tour Finals. It was a good comeback for fifth seeds Bhupathi and Bopanna after losing the first match to Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen.
Bhupathi and Bopanna raced to a 3-0 lead by breaking Lindstedt's serve in the second game. However, the sixth seed Romanian-Swedish team broke Bhupathi in the sixth game to get back on serve.
Lindstedt suffered a second successive break of serve to leave Bopanna to clinch the 28-minute opener with a hold. Bhupathi, rock solid at the net, ended a short exchange with a forehand volley winner.
As the second set drew closer to a tie-break, with neither team looking likely to break serve, Lindstedt and Tecau raised their return games. Tecau hit a forehand winner on Bhupathi's serve at 30/40 to capture the second set in 43 minutes.
In the Match tie-break, Lindstedt and Tecau broke clear at 3-3, winning two straight points for 5-3. But Bhupathi and Bopanna responded, turning it around, with seven points in a row, ending with a Tecau backhand wide.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show