Bhupathi-Bopanna win Dubai Open title
The Indian pair won their first title together after pipping the Polish pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski.
Dubai: Mahesh Bhuapthi and Rohan Bopanna won their first title together after pipping the Polish pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski in the summit clash if the ATP Dubai Open, here on Saturday.
Bhupathi and Bopanna, seeded fourth, secured a 6-4 3-6 10-5 win after facing stiff resistance from their rivals in the final of the $1,700,475 hard court event.
The two Indians, planning to play in Olympics together, had paired as a team at the start of the 2012 season and had reached the semifinals of two tournaments before finally winning a title.
It is the fourth Dubai title for Bhupathi, having lifted the trophy in 1998 with Leander Paes, in 2004 with Fabrice Santoro and in 2008 with Mark Knowles.
For Bopanna, it is sixth ATP title of his career.
Leander Paes was also competing in the event but he and Janko Tipsarevic had lost 4-6 5-7 to second seeds Robert Lindstedt and Horia Teacu in the opening round.
Paes has chosen Radek Stepanek as his partner for the 2012 season and won the Australian Open with him.
However, he had started the season with Tipsarevic by winning the Chennai Open in January.
- Samajwadi Party Rift Live: Mulayam Calls Urgent Meeting to Resolve Issues With Akhilesh
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan