DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhupathi-Llodra win doubles title at Dubai Championships
Unseeded Bhupathi and Llodra downed the third seeded rivals Lindstedt and Zimonjic 7-6 (6), 7-6 (6) in the fiercely fought final.
Dubai: Mahesh Bhupathi won the first title of the 2013 season when he combined with French man Michael Llodra to edge past Robert Lindstedt and Nenand Zimonjic in the summit clash of the Dubai Tennis Championships, here on Saturday.
Unseeded Bhupathi and Llodra downed the third seeded rivals 7-6 (6), 7-6 (6) in the fiercely fought final. It was Bhupathi's fifth title in Dubai.
He first won the Dubai title in 1998 with Leander Paes, then again in 2004 with Fabrice Santoro, in 2008 with Mark Knowles and last year with compatriot Rohan Bopanna.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Junaid Takes a Dig at Kohli Ahead of Indo-Pak Clash
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi