Bhupathi-Mirnyi in finals of Valencia Open
Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi stunned top seeds Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach to storm into the doubles final of the Valencia Open.
Valencia: Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi stunned top seeds Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach in straight sets to storm into the doubles final of the Valencia Open here.
The third seeded Indo-Belarusian partner recorded a 7-6(3) 6-4 win in the semifinals over the Polish-Austrian combination continuing the quest for their first title of the season, having lost three finals before.
They were finalists at ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments in Miami, Monte-Carlo and Cincinnati.
They will now fight it out with the British wild card pair of Andy and Jamie Murray, who beat Spaniards Mark Lopez and David Marrero 7-5 6-2 in the other semifinal.
The summit clash appearance will help Bhupathi and Mirnyi to stay in the top-eight as they are striving to qualify for the season-ending World Tour Finals in London.
Top eight singles players and pairs compete in the prestigious tournament.
If Bhupathi qualifies for the London event, he will not play for India in the Asian Games. Leander Paes has already pulled out of the Games since he has already qualified for the World Tour Finals.
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President