DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhupathi-Mirnyi in finals of Valencia Open
Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi stunned top seeds Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach to storm into the doubles final of the Valencia Open.
Valencia: Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi stunned top seeds Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach in straight sets to storm into the doubles final of the Valencia Open here.
The third seeded Indo-Belarusian partner recorded a 7-6(3) 6-4 win in the semifinals over the Polish-Austrian combination continuing the quest for their first title of the season, having lost three finals before.
They were finalists at ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments in Miami, Monte-Carlo and Cincinnati.
They will now fight it out with the British wild card pair of Andy and Jamie Murray, who beat Spaniards Mark Lopez and David Marrero 7-5 6-2 in the other semifinal.
The summit clash appearance will help Bhupathi and Mirnyi to stay in the top-eight as they are striving to qualify for the season-ending World Tour Finals in London.
Top eight singles players and pairs compete in the prestigious tournament.
If Bhupathi qualifies for the London event, he will not play for India in the Asian Games. Leander Paes has already pulled out of the Games since he has already qualified for the World Tour Finals.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar