Bhupathi, Nestor bow out of Chennai Open
Bhupathi and Canadian Nestor went down 4-6, 5-7 to South African Raven Klaasen and American Nicholas Monroe in the doubles quarter-finals.
Chennai: The Indian challenge in the Aircel ATP Chennai Open tennis tournament effectively ended when top seeded duo of Mahesh Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor, playing in their first event together, went down 4-6, 5-7 to South African Raven Klaasen and American Nicholas Monroe in the doubles quarter-finals here on Thursday.
Earlier, third seeds Rohan Bopanna and his American partner Rajiv Ram, also playing together in their first tournament, went down 6-0, 4-6, 1-10, to the French-Swiss combination of Benoit Paire and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The results (prefix denotes seeding): Doubles (quarter-finals): Raven Klaasen (RSA)/Nicholas Monroe (US) bt 1-Mahesh Bhupathi (IND) /Daniel Nester (CAN) 6-4, 7-5; Benoit Paire (FRA)/Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) bt 3-Rohan Bopanna (IND)/Rajiv Ram (US) 0-6, 6-4, 10-1; Andre Begemann/Martin Emmrich (GER) bt Aljaz Bedene/Blaz Kavcic (SLO) 7-6 (1), 6-1.
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer