DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhupathi, Nestor bow out of Chennai Open
Bhupathi and Canadian Nestor went down 4-6, 5-7 to South African Raven Klaasen and American Nicholas Monroe in the doubles quarter-finals.
Chennai: The Indian challenge in the Aircel ATP Chennai Open tennis tournament effectively ended when top seeded duo of Mahesh Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor, playing in their first event together, went down 4-6, 5-7 to South African Raven Klaasen and American Nicholas Monroe in the doubles quarter-finals here on Thursday.
Earlier, third seeds Rohan Bopanna and his American partner Rajiv Ram, also playing together in their first tournament, went down 6-0, 4-6, 1-10, to the French-Swiss combination of Benoit Paire and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The results (prefix denotes seeding): Doubles (quarter-finals): Raven Klaasen (RSA)/Nicholas Monroe (US) bt 1-Mahesh Bhupathi (IND) /Daniel Nester (CAN) 6-4, 7-5; Benoit Paire (FRA)/Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) bt 3-Rohan Bopanna (IND)/Rajiv Ram (US) 0-6, 6-4, 10-1; Andre Begemann/Martin Emmrich (GER) bt Aljaz Bedene/Blaz Kavcic (SLO) 7-6 (1), 6-1.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi