Bhupathi, Nestor bow out of Chennai Open
Bhupathi and Canadian Nestor went down 4-6, 5-7 to South African Raven Klaasen and American Nicholas Monroe in the doubles quarter-finals.
Chennai: The Indian challenge in the Aircel ATP Chennai Open tennis tournament effectively ended when top seeded duo of Mahesh Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor, playing in their first event together, went down 4-6, 5-7 to South African Raven Klaasen and American Nicholas Monroe in the doubles quarter-finals here on Thursday.
Earlier, third seeds Rohan Bopanna and his American partner Rajiv Ram, also playing together in their first tournament, went down 6-0, 4-6, 1-10, to the French-Swiss combination of Benoit Paire and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The results (prefix denotes seeding): Doubles (quarter-finals): Raven Klaasen (RSA)/Nicholas Monroe (US) bt 1-Mahesh Bhupathi (IND) /Daniel Nester (CAN) 6-4, 7-5; Benoit Paire (FRA)/Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) bt 3-Rohan Bopanna (IND)/Rajiv Ram (US) 0-6, 6-4, 10-1; Andre Begemann/Martin Emmrich (GER) bt Aljaz Bedene/Blaz Kavcic (SLO) 7-6 (1), 6-1.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?