Bhupathi-Nestor, Sania-Mattek bow out of Indian Wells event
Bhupathi and Daniel Nestor bowed out of the men's doubles with a 4-6, 6-7 (4) defeat against Spaniard Feliciano Lopez and Milos Raonic of Canada.
Indian Wells (USA): Indian challenge ended at the ATP Indian Wells Masters with the shock first round defeats of Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza in their respective events, here.
The third seeded pair of Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor bowed out of the men's doubles with a 4-6, 6-7 (4) defeat against Spaniard Feliciano Lopez and Milos Raonic of Canada.
Rohan Bopanna had also made a first round exit in the same event with American partner Rajeev Ram. In the women's doubles, eighth seeded team of Sania and America's Bethanie Mattek-Sands went down fighting 7-6 (8) 3-6 6-10 against American Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur of Australia in their opening round clash.
Somdev Devvarman had failed to enter for the main draw of the men's singles with the first-round defeat in the qualifiers.
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- Karisma Kapoor, Sandeep Toshniwal Join Kareena-Saif, Sara, Ranbir for a Gala Night
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- IPL 2017: Chairman Rajeev Shukla to Miss Auction in Bengaluru