Bhupathi-Petrova sweat for quarterfinal berth
The fifth-seeded Indo-Russian pair beat Katarina Srebotnik and Nenad Zimonjic 3-6, 6-2, 10-5 in the second round of the Australian Open.
Melbourne: India's Mahesh Bhuptahi and Russia's Nadia Petrova overcame stiff resistance from Katarina Srebotnik and Nenad Zimonjic to enter the mixed doubles quarterfinals of the Australian Open here Tuesday.
The fifth seeds beat the Slovakian-Serbian pair 3-6, 6-2, 10-5 in the second round at Melbourne Park.
Bhupathi-Petrova now await the winners of the match between Leander Paes and Elena Vesnina and Jarmila Gajdosova and Matthew Ebden.
Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna had made the mixed doubles quarters with different partners Monday.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology