Bhupathi-Stepanek lose in semis
Indian campaign at French Open came to an end with Bhupathi and his Czech comrade-in-arms Stepanek losing in semis
Paris: Indian campaign at the French Open came to an end with Mahesh Bhupathi and his Czech comrade-in-arms Radek Stepanek bowing out of the men's doubles event with a straight set defeat against sixth seeds Mark Knowles and Daniel Nestor in the semifinals here.
Bhupathi and Stepanek, who had pulled off a major upset by beating second seeds Jonas Bjorkman and Max Mirnyi in the quarter-final, came a cropper as Knowles and Nestor thumped them 6-3 6-4 in 79 minutes.
The Indo-Czech pair looked out of sorts against the seeded pair, known for their solid clay court game. Bhupathi and Stepanek never looked threatening and could not break their opponent even once in the entire match.
After losing the first set in just over half an hour, the much awaited fightback never materialised as Bhupathi and Stepanek merely delayed the inevitable before crashing out.
Their serve was a big let down in the second set also as they committed four double faults.
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18