Bhupathi-Vizner pocket doubles title in Montreal
The Indo-Czech pair beat the Paul Hanley and Kevin Ullyet in the final.
New Delhi: Mahesh Bhupathi and Pavel Vizner have won the doubles title at the Rogers Cup in Montreal.
The Indo-Czech pair beat the fifth-seeded pair Paul Hanley and Kevin Ullyet in the final in straight sets 6-4, 6-4 with the match lasting just an hour and eight minutes.
The win gave Bhupathi his 40th career doubles title and he said that was aiming to add 10 more to his kitty before deciding on his future. The victory was Vizner's 15th ATP doubles title.
"I guess four, five years ago I set the goal at 50, so 80 per cent there. And see how long I can play, as long as I can enjoy it. At some point I would like to get there, but one step at a time," he was quoted as saying by the PTI.
Bhupathi-Vizner, who had paired for the first time, had ousted a trio of higher seeds, including No. 1 Bob and Mike Bryan of US in the semi-finals, en route to the summit clash.
Bhupathi said he would look to continue the partnership with Vizner.
"Winning a super nine is always special. Especially the way we did it, beating three of the best teams in the world, so we'll just enjoy it now," he added.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw