Bhushan moves SC against SK Sharma's appointment as CAG
SK Sharma replaced Vinod Rai, who superannuated after a five-and-a-half year eventful tenure as the head of the CAG.
New Delhi: The recent appointment of SK Sharma as the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) was on Monday challenged in the Supreme Court by lawyer and anti-corruption activist Prashant Bhushan.
Bhushan has filed a PIL in the apex court, adding to a similar PIL that had been filed on May 22 by another lawyer ML Sharma. Both the matters are to be heard in July.
Sharma on May 23 was sworn in as CAG by President Pranab Mukherjee in the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. The 61-year old 1976 Bihar cadre IAS officer replaced Vinod Rai, who superannuated after a five-and-a-half year eventful tenure as the head of the CAG.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology