Bhutanese driver abducted at gunpoint in Assam
The driver was going towards Bhutan in the vehicle bearing a Bhutan registration number when the group of armed miscreants intercepted him.
Bongaigaon: A driver of a Bhutan vehicle was abducted at gunpoint by miscreants Thursday evening from Bordangi, 3 kms from Shantipur on the Indo-Bhutan border, police sources said. The driver, identified as Dhruba Gurung, was going towards Bhutan in the vehicle bearing a Bhutan registration number when the group of armed miscreants intercepted him.
He was abducted from a spot near Bhur river under Basugaon Police Station in Chirang district. Locals informed the police of the incident at around 6 PM, the sources said, adding that a massive search operation has been launched to rescue the driver.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement