Bidve murder accused appears in UK court
The accused called himself Psycho Stapleton at an earlier hearing when asked his name.
London: A youth, who described himself as "Psycho Stapleton", accused of murdering Indian student Anuj Bidve in December last year appeared in a British court today. Kiaran Stapleton, 20, from Ordsall, Salford, appeared at the plea and case management hearing at Manchester Crown Court via videolink.
Twenty three-year-old Bidve, a Lancaster University student, was staying with friends in the Manchester area when he was shot in the head at close range on December 26.
Bidve had been studying for a micro-electronics postgraduate qualification at the university since September after completing an electronics degree at Pune University. A further hearing is expected later this year, BBC reported.
The accused called himself "Psycho Stapleton" at an earlier hearing when asked his name. The unprovoked murder drew widespread condemnation both from India and Britain.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology