Pune: Family and friends bid Anuj Bidve goodbye
The last rites of the 23-year-old student were performed in Pune on Saturday evening.
New Delhi: The last rites of murdered student Anuj Bidve were performed in Pune on Saturday evening. Bidve's body was brought back earlier in the day by his parents from the UK.
The Bidves had flown to the UK to bring back his body. Twenty three-year-old Bidve was shot dead in Salford in Manchester on Boxing Day.
Bidve's parents visited the spot where he was shot dead, in Salford, on Friday. His father has appealed to the police for justice.
One local, a 20-year old man, who calls himself Psycho Stapleton, has been charged with Bidve's murder, in what the UK police have called a motiveless crime.
Bidve was a student at Lancaster University. His family say they have been deeply moved by the support they have got.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Gold tumbles on reduced offtake, weak global cues
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans