Pune: Family and friends bid Anuj Bidve goodbye
The last rites of the 23-year-old student were performed in Pune on Saturday evening.
New Delhi: The last rites of murdered student Anuj Bidve were performed in Pune on Saturday evening. Bidve's body was brought back earlier in the day by his parents from the UK.
The Bidves had flown to the UK to bring back his body. Twenty three-year-old Bidve was shot dead in Salford in Manchester on Boxing Day.
Bidve's parents visited the spot where he was shot dead, in Salford, on Friday. His father has appealed to the police for justice.
One local, a 20-year old man, who calls himself Psycho Stapleton, has been charged with Bidve's murder, in what the UK police have called a motiveless crime.
Bidve was a student at Lancaster University. His family say they have been deeply moved by the support they have got.
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan