Big B to give Rs 11 lakh to Police Welfare Fund
In his speech, Bachchan thanked the police for ensuring smooth flow of traffic day after day.
Thane: Bollywood mega-star Amitabh Bachchan announced a donation of Rs 11 lakh to Maharashtra Police Welfare Fund. The actor was in the city to participate in a function as a part of Road Safety campaign organised by the Thane police, where he made the announcement.
The actor presented awards to the winners of 'Road Safety Competition'. In his speech, Bachchan thanked the police for ensuring smooth flow of traffic day after day.
The actor also said he was ready to contribute to a documentary on road safety.
Saying that everyone must follow the traffic rules, Bachchan said whenever he spots someone breaking the traffic rules, he stop and requests the person to follow the rules.
Thane Police Commissioner K P Raghuvanshi and senior police officers were present on the occasion.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1