Big B to give Rs 11 lakh to Police Welfare Fund
In his speech, Bachchan thanked the police for ensuring smooth flow of traffic day after day.
Thane: Bollywood mega-star Amitabh Bachchan announced a donation of Rs 11 lakh to Maharashtra Police Welfare Fund. The actor was in the city to participate in a function as a part of Road Safety campaign organised by the Thane police, where he made the announcement.
The actor presented awards to the winners of 'Road Safety Competition'. In his speech, Bachchan thanked the police for ensuring smooth flow of traffic day after day.
The actor also said he was ready to contribute to a documentary on road safety.
Saying that everyone must follow the traffic rules, Bachchan said whenever he spots someone breaking the traffic rules, he stop and requests the person to follow the rules.
Thane Police Commissioner K P Raghuvanshi and senior police officers were present on the occasion.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL