DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons comes out as gay
Far down in an NYT profile was the subtle mention that the actor has been in a same-sex relationship for a decade.
Los Angeles: Jim Parsons has skipped the 'I'M GAY!' magazine cover approach to coming out: Far down in a New York Times profile Wednesday was the subtle mention that the two-time Emmy winner has been in a same-sex relationship for a decade.
The blink-and-you'll miss it aside appeared in a story about Parsons' starring stint in the Broadway production of 'Harvey.'
Discussing Parsons' small role in the play 'The Normal Heart' - about gay men dying of AIDS - the story noted: "'The Normal Heart' resonated with him on a few levels: Mr Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship, and working with an ensemble again onstage was like nourishment, he said."
Parsons played young gay activist Tommy Boatwright in the play.
While this may be the first official confirmation of Parsons' sexuality, the National Enquirer attempted to "out" the actor in 2010 by writing that he was engaged to his boyfriend, Todd Spiewak. Parsons' publicist has not yet responded to TheWrap's request for comment.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO