Big B's handprint in Krakow
Amitabh Bachchan's handprint will be placed alongside those of famous entertainers
Amitabh Bachchan's handprint will be placed alongside those of entertainers like late King of Pop Michael Jackson in the Polish city of Krakow.
"And yes, my hand print on ornate slab to be placed in the path of honor by the Great Castle, along with other entertainment greats!," Amitabh posted on his Twitter page.
The 68-year-old was in Krakow to be a part of a film festival, where his film Black was screened. He also attended an event to honour his father, renowned poet Harivanshrai Bachchan, at the University of Krakow.
He described the process of his hand-printing ceremony on his blog.
"...Back in the room of the hotel, the dye was being cast. Chemicals were ready and mixed, instructions on how the hand should be placed, administered and the two hands dipped into a cold sluggish-like material - the paste that shall give impressions of the 'life line' and 'heart line' and the 'health condition'.
"As you hold steady the hands dipped slightly in the solution, the pink paste starts to turn white - indication that within seconds the hands need to be removed, as the job is over," he posted.
Amitabh was also presented with a 'key of the city' by the mayor of Krakow.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films