Bihar: 6 Maoists killed, 70 landmines destroyed
A CRPF personnel has also been killed and six others injured in encounter with the ultras, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar said.
Patna: Six Maoists were killed and 70 landmines destroyed in an encounter with security forces in Panchrukhia forests bordering Bihar's Gaya and Aurangabad districts, a CRPF official claimed on Monday.
As many as six ultras have been killed and scores of others injured in heavy firing between the Maoists and forces since Saturday, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar said.
The bodies of the ultras were yet to recovered, he said.
The forces destroyed 70 landmines during search and combing operations, Kumar said.
A CRPF personnel has also been killed and six others injured in encounter with the ultras, the CRPF DIG said.
The security forces made advances into the forest on Monday on the third day of the search and combing operation against the Maoists and heavy exchange of firing took place between them, Kumar said.
Recommended For You
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- HITCHED!Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech Goa Wedding
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet