Live TVLive TV
News18 » India
1-min read

Patna: 2 live bombs recovered; Shinde says prior inputs given to Bihar

http://sagarikaghose

First published: October 29, 2013, 10:00 PM IST | Updated: October 29, 2013
facebook Twitter google skype whatsapp
Patna: 2 live bombs recovered; Shinde says prior inputs given to Bihar
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde has said that inputs about BJP's Hunkar rally in Patna were given to the Bihar government.

Patna: Two live bombs were recovered on Tuesday at Gandhi Maidan in Patna where Bharatiya Janata Party's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi held the Hunkar rally on Sunday.

The first bomb was found near SK Memorial hall, hardly 50 metres from Gandhi Maidan. The bomb was defused by the bomb disposal squad. The second bomb was found in Gandhi Maidan, police officials said.

The first bomb was detected when a police team was on a drive to search for hidden bombs. "Immediately the bomb disposal squad defused it," a police official said. Police, till now, have recovered six live bombs from Gandhi Maidan.

Seven people died and over 80 were left injured on Sunday after eight bombs went off in Patna on Sunday.

Meanwhile, CNN-IBN has also accessed the FIR in the Patna blasts case. According to the FIR, one of the accused, Imtiaz, told the police that the intention was to trigger a stampede for heavy casualties.

Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami on Tuesday visited the spot that saw a string of explosions in Patna.

Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, who is facing flak for not visiting Patna, has said that inputs about BJP's Hunkar rally in Patna were given to the Bihar government. "Whenever there are such rallies happening, the states are given specific inputs in advance. An input was given to the Bihar government on the Patna rally too," Shinde said.

"We have issued alerts to all states with regards to the political rallies and have asked them to be alert. We send specific alerts as and when we get them. State police must be alert while rallies are being organised," Shinde said.

This comes even as Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had earlier denied receiving any inputs on Sunday's Patna serial blasts that left six dead and over 50 injured.

(With additonal inputs from IANS)

facebook Twitter google skype whatsapp