Bihar: College student alleges gangrape, then retracts
The girl later said that she had a relationship with one of the accused and decided to frame him after a dispute over money.
Samastipur: A Bihar college student, who at first alleged that she was gangraped by two young men from her village, later retracted her statement despite a medical test proving her charges to be true. The 17-year-old student had alleged that she was gangraped three days ago.
A student of a local intermediate college from Basudeopur in Samastipur district, the girl had alleged that she was gangraped by Virender Mahto and Sunil Kumar of her village three days ago, Kalyanpur Superintendent of Police Varun Kumar Sinha said on Monday.
According to Sinha, the girl had also lodged an FIR in connection with the incident and was taken to a hospital for medical examination where it was confirmed that she was raped.
However, the 17-year old later said that she had a relationship with one of the accused and decided to frame both following a dispute over money, the SP said, adding that a five-member medical board headed by Civil Surgeon A V Sahay has been constituted to investigate the gangrape charge.
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences