DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bihar: College student alleges gangrape, then retracts
The girl later said that she had a relationship with one of the accused and decided to frame him after a dispute over money.
Samastipur: A Bihar college student, who at first alleged that she was gangraped by two young men from her village, later retracted her statement despite a medical test proving her charges to be true. The 17-year-old student had alleged that she was gangraped three days ago.
A student of a local intermediate college from Basudeopur in Samastipur district, the girl had alleged that she was gangraped by Virender Mahto and Sunil Kumar of her village three days ago, Kalyanpur Superintendent of Police Varun Kumar Sinha said on Monday.
According to Sinha, the girl had also lodged an FIR in connection with the incident and was taken to a hospital for medical examination where it was confirmed that she was raped.
However, the 17-year old later said that she had a relationship with one of the accused and decided to frame both following a dispute over money, the SP said, adding that a five-member medical board headed by Civil Surgeon A V Sahay has been constituted to investigate the gangrape charge.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- With An Arched Brow, Roger Moore Found Humor In Bond, Life