Bihar: Four men rape mother and daughter, 3 arrested
The attack took place in West Champaran district on April 19, but came to light after a case was lodged with the police.
Patna: Three people have been arrested in Bihar for abducting and raping the mother and sister of a youth as a revenge for his eloping with the sister of one of the accused, police said on Wednesday.
The attack took place in Sariswa village under Majhaulia police station of West Champaran district on April 19, but came to light after a case was lodged with the police. "Three people were arrested after an FIR (first information report) was lodged on the basis of the statement of gang-raped victims," Superintendent of Police Sunil Nayak told repoters.
"The gangrape was committed by four people," Nayak said. He added that three accused identified as Subhash Yadav, Suresh Yadav and Rameekbali Yadav were arrested on Tuesday, while hunt is now on to nab the fourth attacker.
Police have recovered the torn clothes of the victims from the house of Suresh during an investigation. According to police, the victims were first kidnapped and then taken to the house of Suresh where "both were gangraped by them".
The youth, whose mother and sister were gangraped, had eloped with Suresh's sister in January 2013, a police official said.
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 5
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge