Bihar MLA accuses husband of trying to poison son
Police sources said that the MLA's husband has criminal background and does not have cordial relationship with his wife.
Purnea: The Bihar Police on Friday arrested husband of JD(U) MLA Bima Bharti on complaint of the legislator that he was trying to kill their son. An FIR was lodged by Bharti, MLA from Rupauli assembly seat in Purnea district, against her husband Awdesh Mandal.
In the FIR, the MLA alleged that her husband had made attempts to poison their son, Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande said. Acting on the FIR, a police team from Bhawanipur police station arrested Mandal from his house in Tikappati and sent him to jail.
Police sources said Mandal has criminal background and does not have cordial relationship with his MLA wife. Bima Bharti shifted from RJD to JD(U) and won the last assembly election on a ticket from that party.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"