DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bihar mid day meal horror: Arrest warrant against absconding principal
Meena Devi, an accused in the mid day meal horror has been absconding right since the day the tragedy happened.
Chhapra: The CJM court in Chhapra issued an arrest warrant against Meena Devi, the principal of the school where 23 children died after eating the mid day meal. Meena Devi, an accused in the mid day meal horror has been absconding right since the day the tragedy happened.
The police had confirmed that the meals contained pesticides. Five packets of pesticide carbofuran were also recovered from the house of Meena Devi.
"Raids are being made at different places based on clues about absconding school principal Meena Devi and her husband Arjun Rai but we have not been able to nab them so far," Saran Superintendent of Police Sujeet Kumar said.
An FIR was lodged against principal of Dharmasati Gandaman school Meena Devi under section 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) in connection with the case. Probe report of Commissioner (Saran) and Deputy Inspector General of Police (Saran range) Binod Kumar submitted to the government has also blamed the principal for the tragedy. The report claimed criminal negligence by Meena Devi.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Suffering from Fever, Says Reports
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users