Bihar: Three more die due to spurious liquor
Almost a dozen others are battling for their lives while a case against brother of RJD MLA has been registered.
Patna: Three more people died on Tuesday after drinking spurious liquor in Gaya district, taking the total number of hooch deaths in Bihar this month to 28. Almost a dozen others are battling for their lives in hospital.
The deaths also took place Monday night in Rampur Bhuin Toli and Shastri Nagar Bhuin Toli areas, police officer Rakesh Dubey said. The victims complained of stomach pain and threw up after taking the adulterated alcohol.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Gaya, Vinay Kumar said police raided a godown in Bindi Yadav market belonging to Mantu Yadav, the brother of RJD MLA from Belaganj Surendra Yadav, and seized a large quantity of hooch in pouches. A case has been registered against Mantu, but no arrest has been made till now.
Spurious liquor in Bhojpur district had recently claimed 20 lives while 15 others were taken ill with two persons suffering visual impairment. Bhojpur Superintendent of Police MR Nayak said 40 people were arrested after the tragedy and 46 illegal liquor manufacturing units had been razed.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had on Monday said that the state government has launched a crackdown on illegal liquor traders. He had said he was personally in favour of prohibition, but it was not possible as seen in states which have done so and the solution lay in dismantling the illegal liquor trade network.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- SAARC Summit Decision on Saturday, Pakistan Remains Defiant
- Jimmy Neesham to Miss Kolkata Test, Jeetan Patel's Arrival Delayed