DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bihar: Woman sells son to pay off Rs 15000 debt
Police said Parvati had sold off her son to return Rs 15,000 that she had taken from a person.
Samastipur: Driven by poverty, a woman of Samastipur has sold her 18-month-old son to another woman to pay off a debt of Rs 15,000, police said on Tuesday.
The impoverished woman Parvati of Chandchaur village allegedly sold off her son to Bini Devi on Monday in Devi's village Chiranjivipur in Begusarai district, they said.
The residents of Chiranjivipur village came to know about the boy and informed the local police who intimated their counterparts at Ujiarpur Police station where a complaint was lodged, they said.
During investigation it was found that Parvati had sold off her son to return Rs 15,000 that she had taken from a person, they said.
A police team from Ujiarpur Police station later recovered the boy from the woman who had bought him and handed him over to his biological mother, they said.
Samastipur District Magistrate Kundan Kumar said he had heard about the incident, but was yet to receive a written complaint in this regard.
The district administration has not received any request from the woman for financial assistance, he said.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO