Bipasha gets support in Amar tapes controversy
B-wood stars support the actress in her stand
New Delhi: After Celina Jaitley, Bollywood personalities Pritish Nandy and Sonam Kapoor have expressed support for actress Bipasha Basu whose voice is alleged to have figured in taped conversations with former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh.
"I believe @bipsluvurself (Bipasha) when she says she is not in the Amar Singh tapes. Doesn't sound like her at all," Nandy posted on his Twitter page.
Sonam added: "I agree. A bunch of vicious losers are doing this! It doesn't sound like her at all. It's so improbable, it's almost funny."
Bipasha herself has denied that it's her voice in the controversial tapes, which were barred from publication in the media since 2006 until Wednesday when the gag order was lifted by the Supreme Court.
Former beauty queen-turned-actress Celina had also extended support to Bipasha. She said she had heard the tapes herself, and was confident that the girl in the tape was not Bipasha at all.
Recommended For You
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?