Bipasha: I'm becoming the face of fear on big screen
Bipasha Basu feels the horror genre in India is in its nascent stage.
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu, who has been part of several horror films, says she is becoming the face of fear on big screen. Bipasha has acted in Vishesh Bhatt's 'Raaz' and 'Raaz 3', Ram Gopal Varma's 'Darna Zaroori Hai', Mahesh Manjrekar's 'Rakht', among other suspense flicks, and now she will be seen in yet another horror film 'Aatma'.
"I think I have become the face of fear now after acting in quite a few horror films. I don't mind becoming a trend-setter in this space. If the role and the subject in horror space is interesting then why not do it," Bipasha told
reporters at the launch of 'Aatma' here tonight.
The 'Jism' actress feels the horror genre in India is in its nascent stage and filmmakers must come up with innovative concepts to further explore this space.
"I feel the horror genre is in its nascent stage here in India. I feel people out here should try out new ways of creating fear. There are many interesting things to explore in horror space."
About the reason for getting such offers, the 34-year-old said, "May be its the role and the script that attract me to do horror films. I am a greedy actor."
"Also my roles in such films have been different and strong. So it's good to play such roles," the dusky actress said.
'Aatma', directed by Suparn Verma, stars Bipasha and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the lead. The film releases on March 22.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18