DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Orissa DGP in dock over rapist son
HC has ruled that hearing on Mohanty's writ petition for quashing the FIR against him will be heard on March 25.
New Delhi: The Orissa High Court has reserved its order on B B Mohanty's bail. The HC has ruled that the hearing on his writ petition for quashing the FIR lodged against him by the Rajasthan Police will be heard on March 25.
Orissa DGP (Fire Services and Home Guards) B B Mohanty was in the dock after the Rajasthan government issued a warrant for the attachment of his property and recovery of an amount of Rs 50,000, which he had pledged through surety bonds for the parole of his son Biti Mohanty.
Biti was convicted and jailed by a fast-track court in Alwar for the rape of the German tourist last year.
The Jaipur Jail authorities later granted parole to Biti from November 20 to December 4, 2006 after the DGP had furnished the surety bonds. But Biti has gone missing ever since.
A team of Rajasthan police had gone to Orissa in December 2006 to arrest Biti, but returned empty-handed after hunting for him for 20 days.
Subsequently, the Rajasthan government initiated action against the Orissa DGP after a sustained media campaign demanding an inquiry into the whole issue.
Also Read: <a href='http://www.news18.com/news/how-top-cop-helped-rapist-son-escape/top/32012-3.html' How top cop helped rapist son escape
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere