Rape convict Bitti Mohanty to be produced in court on Monday
Bitti's father, BB Mohanty, former Odisha DG, is now under scrutiny for allegedly helping his son while he was absconding.
New Delhi: Former Odisha DG BB Mohanty is under scrutiny for allegedly aiding his son Bitti Mohanty, a rape convict, while he was absconding. Rama Rao, a former headmaster of a school in Puttaparthy, Andhra Pradesh, where Bitti worked under a false name while he was on the run, claims he had a regular visitor who he can identify as BB Mohanty.
Meanwhile, Bitti is likely to be produced in court on Monday. A team of the Rajasthan police will reach Kerala on Monday to take Bitti into custody.
Bitti was on the run for over seven years after jumping parole soon after being sentenced to seven years in jail for raping a 26-year-old German student at Alwar, Rajasthan, in 2006.
- India Conducted Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Caused Heavy Casualties: DGMO
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Heavy Casualties Inflicted: DGMO
- Four Member Countries Boycott SAARC Summit In Islamabad
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US